The Heritage Retirement Residences
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better.
Under the direction of the Cook I and Cook II, responsible for the delivery and service of meals to the residents, the cleanliness of the dietary areas and equipment in accordance with specific standards and regulations, and assigned duties related to food preparation.
Grade 12 education, able to follow written and oral instructions and speak and write fluent English. Dependable, responsible and willing to learn. A pleasant, outgoing personality is required. An understanding of food service and preparation with Safe Food Handling Certificate is essential. Previous experience in a similar position in a hotel/restaurant or institutional setting will be given preference.
- Participates in and contributes to the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) Program.
- Serves meals in the dining room to residents and guests.
- Sets dining room tables, and clears the dining room of dishes, utensils, etc.
- Cleans and vacuums dining room as required.
- Washes dishes, pots, and cleans kitchen equipment and area, as assigned according to established cleaning procedures. Sanitizes dishwasher area after each meal.
- Handles vouchers for meal guests.
- Serves snacks.
- Portions desserts for serving in the dining room.
- Receives and stores food supplies.
- Provides assistance to the cook in the preparation of food and assembly of salad/sandwich plates, as assigned.
- Maintains effective communication, both written and verbal with co-workers. Uses the appropriate lines of communication with supervisory staff.
- Performs other dietary related tasks as assigned.
- Complies with other infection control protocols as directed, e.g. outbreak management.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System, Food Premises Regulations, and LTC/ORCa dietary standards. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
Verve Senior Living is an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the residents and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for any portion of the recruitment and hiring process, please let us know.
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all those who apply; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
You must be able to pass a Vulnerable Persons Check and be fully vaccinated with 2nd Dose of COVID 19 Vaccination.
Full-time, part-time and casual positions available. Also hiring Prep and Dishwasher and casual Red Seal Chefs!
Location: W Kelowna Rd, West Kelowna, BC V1Z, Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Retirement living can be active, inspiring, and fulfilling