TITLE: Premium Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage / Supervisor
TYPE OF POSITION Part Time, Hourly
· Serving It Right certificate required
· Fine dining and/or banquet experience preferred.
· Must be able to work a fluctuating work schedule that will vary depending on events schedule (including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.)
· Black dress shirt, black dress pants, black shoes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time (4+ hours)
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for serving guests in the premium area Must check guest’s ID to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
· Responsible for recording a guest’s order and relaying the order to the kitchen via POS system.
· Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests.
· Responsible for computing the cost of the bill and presenting the guest with the check. Accept payments and provide change as necessary.
· Responsible for cleaning up remaining food product and equipment after the guests have left.
· Recommends certain dishes and identifies ingredients or explains how various items on the menu are prepared.
· Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
· Performs other duties as assigned
This job description is subject to change.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
We follow the public health orders set out by Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry.
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (preferred)
Your application has been successfully submitted.