This beautiful 70 seat restaurant that's located on the downtown strip in Maple Ridge is seeking a talented Executive Chef.
This opportunity gives the Executive Chef full autonomy of the menu with up to date equipment and a beautiful plateware package and smallwares.
The focus has been on locally sourced ingredients and a farm-to-table model.
- Deliver exceptional food quality by possessing a keen eye for detail
- Creates menu items based on seasonality and market trends
- Continues our “Farm to table” vison that our guests have come to know us for
- Establishes, designs and prices menus ensuring that they are current and accurate
- Creates and maintains the menu syllabus for all menu items and menu rollouts
- Ability to work with urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Establish strong relationships with our local vendors
- Create and develop a positive working environment through trust and mutual respect
- Train kitchen staff including basic working skills and management skills
- Manage and schedule shifts properly to ensure smooth operation
- Conduct and strengthen food safety plan and sanitation plan
- Manage cost control including labor cost, food cost and food waste management
- Strong knowledge of Inventory management and purchasing
- Red Seal certification an asset
- 5 years of experience leading a culinary team in a comparable setting
- Red Seal Chef certification and Food Safe Level 1 & 2 are required
- Must possess culinary creativity, and an ability to develop creative menus and recipes
- Strong oral and written communication, leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Self-motivated team player with demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment
- Demonstrated superior internal and external customer service philosophy
- Able to meet physical demands of the position, including standing for long period of time, lifting up to 30 lbs and bending
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays
If this opportunity is right for you, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Public Health Order Compliant
- Culinary: 5 years (preferred)
- Chef: 2 years (preferred)
- Sous Chef: 2 years (preferred)
Your application has been successfully submitted.