Line Cook/ Prep Cook
Experience Canada’s warmest welcome in Osoyoos, BC. Watermark is an upscale resort with a casual atmosphere. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and colleagues and to provide genuine, caring service. Our associates are active both at work and within the community. If you would like to join a tight-knit and welcoming team then we have an opportunity for you.
Line Cook/Prep Cook
The Line Cook/First Cook is a hands-on role that assists the kitchen in ensuring guests’ food orders are prepared accurately and efficiently and that they arrive at the table on time. Line Cooks/First Cooks liaise primarily with the kitchen management and staff but also with the front-of-house management and other service staff to ensure a smooth flow of orders from the kitchen to the table following a high service philosophy. To be successful in this role, you have a thorough knowledge and demonstrated competence in the following areas:
- Food knowledge including understanding the general theme and content of menus and being able to offer alternatives as needed or requested
- Technical knowledge of what it takes to be a line cook in a high volume, full-service kitchen
- Adhering to restaurant policy and procedures
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
Our business is built on exceptional guest service. We set the bar high with our standards of service and strive to exceed guest expectations. To excel in this position, you need to be prepared to deliver outstanding service by having:
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a high volume, full-service kitchen
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Understanding and knowledge of the fine dining restaurant industry is a definite asset
- The utmost professionalism and attention to detail
- Strong personal initiative
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Contract length: 5 months
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Your application has been successfully submitted.