Food & Beverage Manager
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who we are:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
Break Away Bar & Grill is a division of GSL Group. It’s located in Maple Ridge and is a restaurant and bar that seats over 200, with panoramic views of the hockey rinks within Planet Ice Maple Ridge. The casual dining restaurant has a warm and inviting environment for our customers.
We are currently looking for a full-time Food & Beverage Manager responsible for the day-to-day operations of the restaurant and concession.
A day in the life:
- Hire, supervise and manage front and back of the house staff and operations
- Support and assist staff with FOH & BOH house duties (e.g. serving, taking orders, helping in the kitchen, preparing bar drinks, cleaning, and organizing)
- Continually identify ways to improve restaurant and concession operations, drive restaurant and concession traffic, increase revenue and profits and commit to delivering the best customer experience
- Prepare annual budgets as well as monthly revenue and expense summaries and forecasts, including daily sales, inventory, and labor reports
- Order and maintain appropriate inventory and stock levels with cost-effective processes
- Ensure the restaurant and concession are operating within the latest regulatory standards and policies
- Manage staff scheduling to ensure appropriate coverage for regular and special events
- Familiarity with Squirrel or Square or other restaurant software and Microsoft Office
- Proven knowledge in cash handling, sales reconciliations, and cost controls measures
- Serving it Right
- Valid Food Safe certification
- Knowledge of kitchen procedures and menu planning
- 3+ years of experience as a supervisor or manager at a restaurant or food and beverage environment
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Proven skills in leadership, business management and customer service
- Outstanding people management, communication, and organizational skills
- Proven experience in developing and training staff, managing restaurant operations and business skills
- Prior experience in concession operations an asset
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Competitive salary
- Employer-paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Awesome co-workers!
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
Break Away Bar & Grill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SHARE YOUR VISION.