Business Development Representative
Appara is an integrated legal services application that saves legal practice teams time and delivers enhanced productivity. Unlike other applications, we focus on the core of what a lawyer does, transactions. Appara is built on the back of our proprietary automation engine and intelligent analyzer, and leverages strategic integrations with industry leaders (Office 365, Quickbooks, DocuSign, AdobeSign). This allows our customers to complete their work in one place – accurately and fast.
We’re looking for a driven Business Development Representative (BDR) to support our Canadian sales activities. You will partner with our team to drive pipeline through self generated leads using best in class lead generation methodologies and technologies. In addition, you will partner with the Account Executive to generate interest through complimentary sales activities. In addition, you will be responsible for reaching out to legal associations and market influencers to articulate the value of Appara’s platform, leveraging examples of existing customers. Based in downtown Vancouver, you will report to Sales Leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Full ownership of the prospecting portion of the Sales Funnel/drive pipeline for the Sales Organization, which includes, but is not limited to;
- Develop and continually refine ideal customer personas
- Develop list of potential customers by leveraging both inbound leads and through pro-active and creative outbound prospecting
- Perform targeted email/contact approaches to schedule discovery calls
- Aim to understand the needs and goals of each customer in order to best align them with the appropriate solution, resources, or internal teams for follow-up
- Immediately follow-up with potential customers to arrange or facilitate a sales driven call
- Provide an excellent customer experience with each point of contact, and reach out multiple times to each lead to drive connection
- Continually follow-up with and monitor passed leads, to ensure a consistent customer experience and momentum with follow-up time
- Upward manage the Account Executive to ensure effective handover of qualified leads (e.g., demos happen in timely manner); help the Account Executive move lead to start a trial
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- May have a Degree in Business, Marketing, or another related field
- 1-2 years’ previous experience in Sales, Marketing or Customer Service
- Used CRM, Email Sequencing, and Prospecting software
- Ability to collaborate and work with others to deliver results; meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- A focus on the customer, demonstrating a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up
- Can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Results oriented, consistently meeting or excessing targets, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Attention for details and having an applied curiosity for business routines
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious: You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious: You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious: You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Share our values: You share our core values of innovation and impact, ownership, teamwork, grit and humility, and continued learning.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
We believe in a meritocracy – one in which the quality of your actions dictates what work and responsibilities you take on. We believe in providing frequent coaching and mentoring, both formally and in-time. We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for the contributions and the perspectives they bring.
- Commission pay
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (required)
Your application has been successfully submitted.