WHO WE ARE
Virtuous Pie offers a delicious range of plant-based pizza and ice cream that tastes great, is good for you, and supports a healthy planet. Our mission is to change the way people eat and mobilize positive change in the world—one slice (or scoop!) at a time.
We are an elevated fast-casual restaurant with a focus on great taste, innovation, and surprise that extends from our product to customer service to the design of our space. Our pizzas are made to satisfy meat eaters to vegans to flexitarians or anyone looking for an addicting and new dining experience.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Restaurant Operations - Chinatown, Vancouver
- Lead restaurant operations while on shift
- Work closely with Head Chef to ensure high quality of food and beverage programs – from inventory, to prep, to guest service.
- Control Inventory, ordering and labor cost system with the collaboration of Head Chef and Executive team
- Ensure we are the best run and most loved restaurant by being a hands on leader that sets the example, ensures perfect food, and treats the business as their own
- Ensure all financial, personnel and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain key business KPIs as set by Operations Manager. Be proactive by troubleshooting inconsistencies and identify opportunities to improve restaurant operations
- Collaborate with head office marketing to execute marketing & sales promotions at the restaurant level
People + Guest Experience
- Oversee a comprehensive health and safety plan, as well as our on-going training program. The GM is expected to make implementation a daily activity throughout the organization.
- Perform HR duties alongside the Head Chef including hiring, training, ongoing coaching, conflict resolution in accordance to our workplace policies, and employee performance reviews
- Train all employees to maintain a strong work culture and brand identity as well as uphold standards of customer service and guest care
- Resolve customer complaints and ensure quality customer services
- Create positive and long lasting relationships with team, guests and other colleagues
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years as an General Manager/Assistant GM or cumulative experience in the restaurant industry
- Proven leadership and exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment
- High standard of professionalism and attention to detail
- An excellent coach who is disciplined, honest and leads by example
- Demonstrated experience leading operations and related administrative work that is required in order to maintain and grow a restaurant business
- Comfortable in the kitchen, ability to understand all BOH operations and work closely with the Head Chef to adhere to standards and expectations
- $48,000-$60,000 annual salary, plus bonus
- Health & Dental Benefits after 3 months
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Discounted/free food
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pizza and Ice Cream