Area Manager - Landscape Irrigation, West
Overview: The Area Manager is responsible for setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for their territory. Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic sales plan, sales calls, business development and growth of sales and market share.
Responsibilities: This person will operate as consultant for landscape customers by developing a thorough understanding of their business and of the industry so that they can identify their needs, and recommend the Rain Bird services, products or systems that meet those needs. Customer emphasis is with Contractors and includes landscape distributors, architects, specifiers and municipalities. Area Manager Responsibilities include growing Rain Bird sales faster than the market growth rate, establishing & leading sales & marketing objectives, developing Rain Bird centric opportunities and conducting customer training.
It is essential that the successful candidate be self-motivated, creative and have strong communication and selling skills. The Area Manager must be persuasive and easily build rapport. Success in this position will require a strong work ethic, strategic thinking, problem solving skills, negotiation skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks. The position requires technical aptitude to learn about landscape irrigation products and applications.
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Undergraduate level degree (BBA, BCom, BA , BS, Engineering)
- Three to five years sales experience and/or a proven ability to sell
- Strong selling/communication & problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Ability to travel at least 50% of time in territory
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: **
- Irrigation experience (including design and installation)
- MBA or MSC degree
- Distribution experience
- P&L experience
- Bilingual (English and French)
Job Type: Full-time
Your application has been successfully submitted.