Classification: Catering Server
Reports to: Manager, Catering
It has been a long 15 months since we have hosted fans at Rogers Arena, and we are excited to create memorable moments for our fans and guests once again. We are now inviting enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join our event staff team and be part of the excitement during Canucks games, Warriors games, and concerts at Rogers Arena. We can’t wait to meet you!
As part of our hourly Hospitality team, you will be providing premium level catering service guests during a busy event-time environment. You will consistently provide exceptional and knowledgeable service that will impress and thrill guests. This is an hourly, events-based position.
A typical shift includes:
- Ensuring all food and beverage orders are presented properly and on a timely basis
- Communicating with service staff, kitchen staff, and bartenders to coordinate entire station and ensure guest satisfaction with the food and service
- Consistently providing exceptional and knowledgeable service that will impress and thrill fans and provide an iconic experience at every touch point
- Showing continuous pride in work area and the facility as a whole by maintaining a premium level of cleanliness
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Completion of Serving it Right Certificate
- Must be able to work weeknights, weekends, and holidays with various start times
- Must be able to safely lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to stand during scheduled shift, withstand repetitive walking, reaching, and bending for long periods of time
- Previous serving and beverage experience in a premium establishment
- An incredible ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Excellent on-the-spot problem solving skills, including the ability to independently handle service recovery situations to a guest’s satisfaction
- Non-Canadian residents must hold valid work permits that expire no earlier than August 2022
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique community. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
This position will remain open until filled.
CLAC, LOCAL 501 BARGAINING UNIT POSITION
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Join the Team